Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My Second Journey

Well here we are! My first post about my journeys or lack of them.

The first thing you'll notice about this is that it's titled My Second Journey but it is actually my first ever blog post.  There is a reason for this but I shall touch on that in a later post.

Basically these posts are going to mainly be about my thoughts on my surroundings and general ramblings as I chronicle my slow descent into sleep deprived madness. So let us begin!

Currently I am living and working in London, and in the short period of time that I've been here I have noticed that it is a completely different world to anything I have experienced.  Everyone in this city needs to be at there destination yesterday or preferably the day before that. Now to someone like me who is from the arse end of the world where a lot of people are too content to do anything big with their lives. They'll spend most of the time mooching off the government and then complaining that it's not enough.  Granted that's a minority of people but it's a number that is too large to ignore.  Anyway, I'm beginning to ramble.  I assumed that the type of people who needed to be somewhere yesterday were just the sort of people that were attracted by the city.  This was not the case.  In less than 24 hours I was exactly the same as them, however if someone gets in my way I am tempted to smack them with my paper. You can take the arsehole out of the area but you can't take the area out of the arsehole.

What did strike me about this observation was the effect a mass participation has on people, I've never been one to give into strong acts of peer pressure because, quite frankly, I couldn't give a shit what people thought about me and I still don't but I'd rather spend time in my lonely room with people the other side of the walls than being crammed in a sweaty metal tube with people I begin to hate if they don't "do the tube right" and don't get me started on tourists.  Madam, I don't care if you want a photo in front of the damned landmark it is 7:30 in the morning and I need to get to work and for the love of the Gods keep to the right! The signs are there for a reason! I swear to God I will push you down these damned escalators!

And calm...

That probably gets across my point better than a 20,000 word essay could in all honesty.

I think this journey will be good for me to document, especially when I go back home and the differences I notice. Not only in myself but in others around me.

Thanks for reading these ramblings, I swear I'll get better.

All the best

The StrangeHatter

No comments:

Post a Comment